Invisalign treatment, and for that matter braces for adults, may be much more affordable than you think, especially if you’ve already had orthodontic treatment in the past.
You’ve heard it a thousand times, “my kids are in braces and it’s so expensive!” That little remark has kept many adults away from seeing an orthodontist because the thought of yet another bill to pay is just too much to consider. You’re probably thinking, “I already had braces—I don’t want to shell out all that cash again,” but with recent advancements in orthodontics, your Invisalign treatment may be much more affordable than you think. First, experienced orthodontists can accurately tell how long treatment will take because they have treated thousands of cases that are like yours, and they can usually treat you for a better price. They can do this because of the following reasons:
- Orthodontists are experts at orthodontic treatment
- They have staff trained specifically in orthodontics
- Orthodontists have offices designed with the sole purpose of effectively and quickly treating orthodontic patients.
- This means they can offer more affordable and effective treatment plans because they know what to expect.
Many adults, especially those who had orthodontic treatment in the past, have much more affordable treatment options than you would expect. This ease of treatment is because many times, your bite or “occlusion” is lined up correctly from your previous orthodontic treatment, but through the years, your front teeth have become crooked. Aligning crooked teeth, while complicated, is not as complicated or time consuming as a comprehensive orthodontic treatment of the entire dentition (straightening and aligning your bite and all your teeth). This all equates to one thing,TREATMENT MAY NOT BE VERY EXPENSIVE, SO GO SEE YOUR ORTHODONTIST!
To show you how easy it is to get started on your journey to your new smile, I have outlined the process of getting started with treatment at Stubbs Orthodontics.
At Stubbs Orthodontics in Niceville and Miramar Beach, your initial consultation with Dr. Stubbs is totally free. (I mean FREE. We won’t bill your insurance and there is no obligation to begin treatment after the consultation). During your consultation we will:
- Take photographs of your teeth, mouth, and your external profile as well as a panoramic and cephalometric X-rays of your jaws and bite.
- Dr. Stubbs then reviews all of the photos and x-rays and performs a hands-on examination to determine what your goals are and what she can do to provide you with the smile you have always wanted.
- Once Dr. Stubbs has completed her comprehensive examination, we will present you with a treatment price, show you what you can anticipate your insurance to pay, and what payment options are available to you.
- We then schedule you for your next appointment to get started with treatment.
- When you come in for your second appointment, we will perform our iTero 3-D intra-oral scan (try saying that three times fast!) This iTero scan is then sent electronically to the Invisalign Lab where your custom Invisalign straightening trays will be fabricated and mailed to our office.
- After your scan, one of our assistants will come in to set up your financial account and contract.
- Once everything is set up, you will come to see Dr. Stubbs every 4-6 weeks so she can check your progress and make any needed adjustments to your treatment plan.
These checkups and adjustments are extremely important! Teeth and computer models DO NOT move in the same way. You need the expert supervision of an orthodontist to make the necessary adjustments to your teeth. For less complicated cases, you can expect anywhere from six months or less of treatment.
So that’s it! Don’t hide your crooked smile any longer! Call our office at 850-678-8338 or book your appointment online at stubbsortho.com to reserve your free consultation with Dr. Stubbs, the premier provider of orthodontic treatment on the Emerald Coast. Remember when you smile, the world smiles back!
Dr. Stubbs is an orthodontist specializing in braces and Invisalign for children and adults. She has been practicing in Niceville since 2008 and opened her second practice in Miramar Beach in 2017. Dr. Stubbs has proudly treated thousands of patients in Niceville, Santa Rosa Beach, Miramar Beach, Freeport, Ft. Walton Beach, Crestview, DeFuniak Springs and all areas of Okaloosa and Walton counties. Dr. Stubbs is proud to be the only orthodontist in Walton County and is a native of DeFuniak Springs. She is a graduate of Walton High School, she obtained her undergraduate degree at Florida State University, her dental degree from the University of Florida College of Dentistry, and her Orthodontic certification from Nova Southeastern University accredited school of Orthodontics. Dr. Stubbs has demonstrated commitment to her community by volunteering at her local church and raising awareness and thousands of dollars for local charities. She is married to her office manager Zack, and is the proud mother to her two beautiful daughters, Elle and Brycelyn.